We consider that having all of our students dressed smartly in our simple uniform is important for several reasons:
- It provides our students with a sense of identity and pride in our Academy.
- It enhances the appearance of our students and therefore the reputation of our Academy.
- It helps to instill in our students a sense of purpose when they put on their uniform in the mornings.
- Many jobs require staff to wear a uniform of some form or other and therefore we are helping to prepare our students for their life of work.
- It overcomes the problem for both parents and teachers of what is or is not suitable for Academy.
We understand that the uniform should not cost you any more than the clothing you would normally buy for your children and therefore we have kept the basic requirements very straightforward.
- Black blazer with the Granville Academy badge. No other badges are permitted unless issued by the Academy. Blazers must be worn at all times and sleeves rolled down. They maybe removed with the permission of the class teacher.
- Plain black or boot cut or straight leg/regular fit formal style trousers. No flared, narrow leg, skinny or tight fit at any point. Trousers must be full length and waist high. No tracksuit bottoms, jeans, chino style trousers, combat trousers, leggings or jeggings. Belts should be black, plain and narrow with a discreet buckle.
- Plain black knee length tailored uniform shorts.
- Skirts must be black, pleated and knee length.
- Plain white formal style button through shirt/blouse with a stiffened collar, which allows a tie to be worn. These can be short or long sleeved. Shirts must be tucked in at all times and sleeves rolled down.
- Academy tie must be worn in a smart manner at all times.
- Lanyards/ID Badge must be worn at all times.
- Formal style, plain black shoes. No logos, emblems or coloured trims/patterns. No trainers, canvas, pumps or trainer type shoes will be accepted. Heels no higher than 3cm. No boots.
- Long black socks with trousers. White or black socks with skirts or black/flesh coloured tights.
- Optional black v-neck pullover. No other jumper, hoodie or cardigan to be worn.
- Outdoor coats should be removed once inside the Academy building. Hoodies and sweatshirts should not be worn as an alternative to a coat. Denim/leather or leather look jackets are not allowed.
- No extreme hairstyles, no patters. Hair must not be shaved less than a grade 2. Dyed hair: only full head or highlights in normal hair colours. No blocks of colour or dip dyeing of the ends of hair. Hair accessories must be plain, black or white.
- No make-up of any kind in Year 7. Students in Year 10-11 may wear very light make-up but this must not be visible from a short distance. No shaved eyebrows, false eye lashes, nail varnish or nail extensions. No additional accessories, badges or wrist bands (including charity bands) unless provided by the Academy or for a special Academy event for a specified time.
- One pair of small gold or silver stud earrings, one worn in each earlobe. No other body piercings or retainers are allowed including magnetic/fake piercings. A wrist watch may be worn. No smart watches.
If your child comes to the Academy dressed inappropriately the following sanctions may apply depending on the precise situation:
- Confiscation of offending item (must be collected after 3.00 p.m. by parent or other adult with written permission from parent)
- Student sent home after a telephone call to you explaining the situation
- Student issued with detention at break, lunch or at the end of the day
- Student is isolated for a period of time
- Pre-exclusion warning letter
- Referral to Principal
Please note, that not all items sold within "school sectors" of a shop, meet our regulations. Please do not purchase items when this is the case.
PE Kit Policy from September 2022
This guidance applies to all students in current Years 7, 8 and 9. Current Year 10 students can keep their current kit as they transition into their final year at Granville.
Compulsory items - available only from the official uniform suppliers
- Granville Unisex PE Top with academy logo- £14.50 - £17.50. If your child has the current Granville PE Top and this still fits, you are not required to buy a new one ( purchased from official uniform suppliers only).
Optional purchase - available only from the official uniform suppliers.
Leggings - £18.50 (purchased from official uniform suppliers only). No other leggings are permitted.
Granville Unisex Quarter Zip top with academy logo- £25.50 - £28.50- please note, that this will be the only jumper permitted during cold weather conditions. However, your child may wear a base layer underneath but the academy PE top must be worn over the top. No hoodies or other branded jumpers are allowed.
Compulsory Items that you may purchase from the official supplier or an alternative retailer
Plain black track pants or navy shorts (small logo only, no large branding- see example below). These must meet the regulations.
From September 2022, no skorts or leggings are permitted. The only sports leggings permitted are those from the official uniform suppliers, due to the huge variation in the current market.
Additional compulsory items - available from other uniform suppliers
- Trainers- Not fashion trainers, non marking soles.
- Navy socks - required for football
- White trainer socks - required for all other lessons
- Football / Rugby boots
- Gum Shield for Rugby lessons
- Shin pads for Football lessons
- Hair bobble (if hair is longer than shoulder length)
Optional items - that you may purchase from any other uniform suppliers
- Football boots
- Gum shield
- Base layer- plain black base layer/long-sleeved t-shirt can be worn under the PE kit when outside in cold conditions. Granville PE top must be worn over the top.