Over Subscription and Tiebreaker
In the event of over subscription of candidates meeting the requirement in any of the categories above and a tie-breaker being required to reach a decision, the Academy Trust will use the distance from the centre of the school, as measured by the Local Authority’s Geographic Information System, in a straight line to the front door of the dwelling house, calculated to within two metres.
Entry at Year 7
The Academy’s yearly admission limit is 190.
Where applications for admissions exceed the number of places available, the following steps will be used by the governors to allocate places:
- Individual children with a statement of SEN naming Granville Academy.
- Looked After Children or Previously Looked After Children.
- Children who are ordinarily resident in the catchment area of the Academy.
- Children who have a sibling attending Granville at the time of admission. 'Sibling' includes a half-brother or sister, a legally adopted child who is regarded as a brother or a sister, and living in the same family unit.
- All other children not eligible under the above criteria.
For applications for the year of entry received by the closing date, a catchment area school will be determined in relation to the address at which the student is ordinarily resident on that date. Once a waiting list is formed, a child’s place on that list will be updated in light of any new address.
If your child goes to a Derbyshire primary school, you will receive information through your child’s school about how to apply for a Year 7 place. For assistance with applications and appeals please go to www.derbyshire.gov.uk.